Monday 3 March 2014

Thing 1:Voicethread

It's way more fun to post a voicethread with my favorite 'pug' shots! I took the poem, "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?" and played around with some neat photos of pugs. Who can dispute their cuteness? unless you are a cat lover?
Enjoy the Voicethread!

Reflection:
This is not my first time to use voicethread to support learning with ESL students and also during inclusion lessons. It's good for a reflection piece like having students make comments about each other's work on voicethread. I also used it for poetry reading and having students hear themselves read expressively. The older students may find it easier to work with voicethread independently; however, with the primary grades, logging on can be difficult especially for spelling purposes. Since I have a smaller class size,  I prefer to work one-on-one with students- recording their voices and helping them choose individual photos that they may want to comment on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms. Marianne! I love the idea of using a voicethread for poetry reading :) Letting students give each other feedback on their work is also excellent, and this tool makes it so much easier because they can choose to write or record their feedback. I look forward to seeing more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete